Thursday, May 20, 2010

How to begin..?

Well.. I have never actually posted a blog before... So I don't exactly know what all to put. So.. How do I begin this? I really don't know. I guess I will just keep typing and see what God leads me to post.

Lately everyone keeps asking me if I'm getting excited about things. "Are you excited that school is almost out?", "Are you excited that school is now out?", "Are you excited about how much God has been working in your life lately?", "Are you excited for your upcoming Mission Trip?"

Well I guess I really haven't been excited about anything really. Yes I was happy that school was almost out and that it is out now.. I know God has been working in my life a lot lately, but for some reason it just hasn't caught up to me yet. I am really looking forward to going on my Mission Trip to Mississippi next week... but I'm almost more scared as to what I'm going to see and how much my life might really be changed when I go. I know it may sound really stupid, but I just haven't been "feeling" much lately.

My Mission Trip leaders have asked us all to read a verse daily and I have done my best with it. It's Ephesians 2:10- "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."  I've read it many times but just haven't let in sink in all the way. So today I went to my Bible and opened it up to that passage and the entire passage is how I've needed to have been reading it. "But because of His great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions- it is by grace you have been saved. And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in His kindness to us in Christ Jesus. For it is by grace you have been save, through faith--and this is not from yourselves. It is the gift of God- not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

I have started to "feel" a little bit better today, all because I read that passage and was actually able to let it sink in all the way. So I guess that this will be the ending of my first blog, and hopefully I will have more to come here soon.

1 comment:

  1. Good job on your first blog post! I really enjoyed it and the passage from Ephesians is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete